What is a ritual bath? Well, it is a bath taken with a purpose and they are spiritually revitalizing. These types of baths are performed when you want to cleanse your aura, draw money, protection, attract love, heal your heart or mind. Since ancient times bathing to clean your body was also another way of purifying your spirit.
Why? Because water is cleansing, healing and relaxing. It is a proven fact that taking long baths sooth away worries and stress. It also rejuvenates hair, skin and nails.
In modern practice, baths are considered to be magical. As the essence of bathing has been enhanced with recipes that include crystals, candles, herbs, flowers, minerals and more. The water acts a conduit for the spirit connecting our energy to the universe.
Before you start your ritual bath make sure you know what causes your skin irritation. It is important to do your research as some crystals and stones dissolve in water along with releasing toxic materials that can harmful to your skin. It is always safer to place them around the top of tub or all around the bathroom.
My favorite crystals, herbs and flowers to add to my ritual bath are:
- Crystal: Rose Quartz, Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Citrine, Jade
- Flowers: Lavender, Rose petals, Chamomile, Jasmine, Oats
- Herbs: Bay leaf Cinnamon, Aloe, Echinacea, Saffron
- Minerals: Himalayan Salts, Epsom
When to take a ritual bath? Anytime you need to. When you do, align your intentions with moon phases. This makes your ritual baths more powerful. For powerful cleansing or uncrossing, take a bath on a Waning or New Moon. To attract love or money into your life, take a bath on a Full Moon. For new business or career, take a bath on a Waxing Moon.
How make your spiritual ritual bath:
- Run a hot bath.
- Light candles and set it near the bathtub. Different colors have different meanings and intentions.
- Dim lights are best to get into a relaxed state of mind.
- Add a handful of your desired florals, herbs, and minerals. Add a cup of moon water to your ritual bath as additional boost.
- Place your desired pieces of crystals in the north, south, east and west positions around the tub.
- Get into the bath, then take one intentional breathe in and exhale completely out.
- Begin to fully relax.
- If you wash yourself, wash from your feet, up to your head. This will draw love towards you instead of washing it away.
- Say your incantation or prayer.
- When you are finish, stand up out of the water and let yourself drip-dry. This allows the magical effects of the spiritual bath for love to seep into your skin and aura.
- Thank the universe, Gods and Goddesses
- Snuff out the candles. Optional to collect the herbs and florals to hang on your bedroom door in a satchel to attract love.
- Drain tub.
See our Water Collection for essentials to customize your ritual bath.